FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Will the USCCA’s Concealed Carry Expo be cancelled due to coronavirus (Also known as COVID-19)?
USCCA’s 2020 Concealed Carry Expo has been temporarily postponed.
In cooperation with Kansas City authorities and following the city’s declaration of a State of Emergency for an initial period of 21 days, we are postponing the USCCA’s 2020 Expo until a later date. All ticket sales and vendor booths are still valid for this later event, and we will also be reaching out to all our ticket holders and partners with additional details shortly.
Ensuring the health and safety of our visitors, exhibitors and staff at the USCCA Expo has always been our top priority, and we’ve been closely following the guidelines set forward by the city. We will continue to do so as we determine a later date to host the event.
WHEN WILL THE EXPO BE RESCHEDULED?
An initial event-suspension period of 21 days has been proposed by the mayor of Kansas City at this time. We are working closely with city officials, our venue and our vendors to secure a new date for the 2020 Concealed Carry Expo once the State of Emergency has been lifted. We will post the details as soon as additional information becomes available.
(Last Updated: March 12th, 2019)
How do I register as media for the 2020 Concealed Carry Expo?
You can fill out this FORM to submit your registration.
Please fill out one form for each member of your organization. After the form has been submitted please allow for 1-2 weeks for review. USCCA Staff will reach out to you with your final confirmation.
The Media Pass allows full access to the show floor along and training sessions allowing media.
Badges will not be mailed in advance. All members of the press must pick up their badges on-site at the Will Call desk located in the lobby of the KCI Expo Center.
Deadline to Apply: March 17th, 2020
Can I purchase firearms and ammunition at the 2020 Concealed Carry Expo?
Yes, Firearms and ammunition will be available for purchase at the Concealed Carry Expo from manufacturers and dealers with their Federal Firearms License on-site. All state and federal laws will be enforced.
What happens if I forget my badge or course room number? How do I get in?
Check in at the registration desk, and Expo staff will be able to print another badge for you.
Can I carry at the Expo or bring in a firearm in a case to try with different products like holsters, clothing items and range bags?
Yes, you can carry at the Concealed Carry Expo. The safety rules are as follows:
Concealed Carry Expo Firearms Policy
Defensive sidearms are welcome inside this show. All state laws will apply and all guests must abide by the following rules:
1. Your personal defensive sidearm WILL REMAIN HOLSTERED at all times unless you are reacting to an imminent deadly threat. In the unlikely event you need to use your firearm in defense of life remember the rules: Target Acquisition, Target Identification and Target Isolation.
2. You are specifically prohibited from drawing your firearm to check holster fit, “show” the gun to anyone, or otherwise conduct ANY administrative handling of your defensive firearm. This includes, but is not limited to loading, unloading, clearing, cleaning or any other activity that does not involve a reaction to an imminent deadly threat.
3. ANYONE observed violating any of the above-mentioned rules will be immediately escorted from the premises and barred from returning. No refund of your admission fee will be given.
Bringing A Firearm To The Event
This is NOT permitted. In the event you need to test holster fit or product sizing, the company will provide a blue gun for you to do so. Carrying firearms in, even if unloaded and in a case, is not permitted on the premises. If you are seen loading or unloading a firearm or magazine or handling any loaded firearm you will be escorted from the premises and not be allowed to return. No refunds will be given.
Can I carry at the Expo?
[Concealed Carry Expo Firearms Policy] Defensive sidearms are welcome inside this show. All state laws will apply and all guests must abide by the following rules:
- Your personal defensive sidearm WILL REMAIN HOLSTERED at all times unless you are reacting to an imminent deadly threat. In the unlikely event you need to use your firearm in defense of life remember the rules: Target Acquisition, Target Identification and Target Isolation.
- You are specifically prohibited from drawing your firearm to check holster fit, “show” the gun to anyone, or otherwise conduct ANY administrative handling of your defensive firearm. This includes, but is not limited to loading, unloading, clearing, cleaning or any other activity that does not involve reaction to an imminent deadly threat.
- ANYONE observed violating any of the above-mentioned rules will be immediately escorted from the premises and barred from returning. No refund of your admission fee will be given.
Are dogs and pets allowed?
Dogs are not permitted at the event unless they are specifically trained to provide assistance to an individual with a disability. All service animals must remain on a leash or in a harness, and be under control of the guest with a disability or a designee.
All other live animals are not permitted at the Expo or in the Convention Center
Are backpacks allowed in the Expo at the KCI Expo Center?
Backpacks are allowed on site at the Expo but have to be kept on your person at all times. Any backpacks left unattended will be reported to security.
Can you tell me more about the FREE live fire range experience?
You’ll get the opportunity to shoot new firearms in the USCCA’s Live Fire-Range, surrounded by trained professionals who’s #1 priority will be your safety.
All firearms permitted inside the shooting range are provided by the firearm manufacturer sponsors along with ammo, eye, and ear protection. Attendees will not be permitted to shoot their personal firearms in the range or provide their own ammunition.
How do I sign up for and pay for additional courses and classes at the Expo?
Paid training sessions are available for new customers to select when purchasing Expo tickets.
Pre-registered guests are eligible to add sessions to their registration at any time by creating an account upon completing registration or logging into their current account to add sessions.
How do I get my free Nine Line T-Shirt?
T-shirts are only available to those who pre-register for the 2020 Concealed Carry Expo. If you decide to purchase tickets at the door, unfortunately, you will not receive the t-shirt.
Is the KCI Expo Center handicap accessible?
Yes, the event is handicap accessible!
Is there parking available at the KCI Expo Center?
Yes, the KCI Expo Center has over 900 FREE parking spaces.
Are there shuttle buses from the recommended hotels to KCI Expo Center?
The KCI Expo Center is connected to the Holiday Inn hotel via a covered sidewalk. There will be a shuttle bus running from the Fairfield and ancillary parking lots.
Are there any recommended hotels or special rates for hotels in the area?
Yes! Take advantage of the group rate at the following locations.
Hotel #1 Holiday Inn Kansas City Airport
- Rate: $125 Per Night
- Enter CCE as the Group Code to secure the discounted rate
- Or call the Toll Free Number 866.617.6369 and mention the Group Name Concealed Carry Expo or group code CCE.
Hotel #2 Fairfield Inn & Suites Kansas City Airport
- Rate: $125 Per Night
- Booking Deadline: March 4th, 2020
Expo Hotels Conceal Carry Policy: The Hotel agrees that the purpose of the Expo is to provide training and education on lethal and non-lethal methods of personal protection, therefore the Hotel agrees that they will not restrict the possession, carrying, or keeping of weapons including firearms. Exhibitors may carry firearms, in cases back and forth from the Expo Hall. Attendees with applicable conceal carry permits may have a firearm in their possession in accordance with state and local laws.
How far is the KCI Expo Center from the airport?
KCI Expo Center
11730 N Ambassador Dr.
Kansas City, MO 64153
When is the USCCA store inside the Expo open?
Friday, March 20: 2 pm to 7 pm (Elite Members receive early entry at 1 pm)
Saturday, March 21: 9 am to 6 pm
Sunday, March 22: 10 am to 4 pm
CLICK HERE to visit the USCCA store website.
What are the hours of the 2020 Concealed Carry Expo?
Seminar Hours: When the building is open for classes, courses, & seminars
Friday, March 20: 8 am to 6 pm
Saturday, March 21: 8 am to 6 pm
Sunday, March 22: 9 am to 4 pm
Exhibit Hall Hours: When the Expo show floor and vendor booths are open
Friday, March 20: 2 pm to 7 pm (Elite and Platinum Members receive early entry at 1 pm)
Saturday, March 21: 9 am to 6 pm
Sunday, March 22: 10 am to 4 pm
What are the dates for the 2020 Concealed Carry Expo?
The Expo is being held from Friday, March 20th to Sunday, March 22nd.